Monday, March 22, 2010

Into the Jaws of the Sharks

There's got to be a better way for my mom to do this!!! A Lhasa Apso mix came into the store today, a nice girl, in general, just doesn't like being groomed. Imagine that, happy go lucky until she hits the grooming table and then by some genetic transformation turns from dog to shark, with many rows of teeth waiting for an opportune time to sink them into mom's skin. And some people think my mom's job is all fun and games...... Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, these are the kinds of animals my mom is really successful at grooming. I watch, from a distance on my blanket not too far from all the action, trying to send calm vibes their way, while my mom gracefully finesses her way around her open jaws. "Cyrus" she says."the trick here is to get this done with no injuries to the dog, watch how we do this" she says with all the confidence in the world. Mom then proceeds to turn up the radio, starts singing and dancing with the monster at hand, a little snip here a little snip there and voila..... mission accomplished! It's kind of hard not to have a good time here, even if you are a shark!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Cyrus
    I forgot about your blog so I just came here and read a lot of it. You certainly are quite erudite for a dog! Mommy says I need a haircut so I guess I'll be seeing you soon.
    ~Oliver

    ReplyDelete