Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hi, I'm Cyrus

Let me introduce myself. I'm Cyrus. My mom owns a grooming store in Minneapolis called Dreadlocks for Dingoes. I'm going to tell you what it's like to be the dog of a groomer. You'd think that it's a blast, coming to work everyday with my mom, but I don't always think that way. She pays more attention to everyone else. I'm neglected.

A little about me......I'm a big beautiful Doberman Pinscher. People say I scare them but I don't mean to, I'd never bite anyone. I'm trying to work on my bark so it's not so scary. My previous owner wasn't very nice to me, in fact they threw me out of their car and abandoned me on the streets. I wandered around for a long time, I was really hungry, until someone found me and brought me to a place where there were lots of other friends who didn't have homes either. My mom worked at this place. I was poked and proded by a bunch of people and then they fed me. I was so hungry. Then they tried to take my food away from me while I was eating. I didn't understand at the time but I guess it was a test to see if I'd bite them! Of course I didn't and they said I was a good boy. Then they stuck me in a room with a lot of other friends. We were all separated and couldn't see each other but they sure had a lot to say. In fact they didn't shut up all day until lights out at sleep time.
I was in this place for a while, it seemed like an eternity to me. At least they fed me and I had a blanket to sleep on so I guess it was better than wandering the streets.

Then some other two legged friend wanted to take me home with her, I was excited. I thought I was going home with her but as it turns out my mom pleaded with this lady to let her take me home. Something about the numbers on my collar and some sort of connection, I'm not sure what's up with that, but I'm really glad cause I love my mom.

So now, I get to go to work with my mom everyday. I don't really remember much of the hard times in my life. I think I have a lot more friends than she does. Her friends just stop by everyday and leave my friends with me! My mom spends all day doing bathing and grooming my friends (they're kind of stinky when they come in) but they always leave looking so nice.

Mom doesn't let me play with my friends too much, though, something about getting them messed up, I don't get it. It's not so much fun, she pays attention to them all day and I don't even get to play. Why do they come in here again?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cyrus! Good to hear from you. We haven't been to see you or Lisa for way too long. You should tell your mom to get you a facebook page too! You certainly are a good boy. See you soon! Joanne Simons, Monty & Toby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cyrus! I think I was in the same place as you. Everybody was really nice, but I still felt kind of lonesome...until MY MOMMY came along! It was love at first lick. I knew I wanted her to take me home. And now I follow her all the time and never let her out of my sight so I don't ever have to go back to that place. She says I make her crazy sometimes, but so what. I think she loves me anyway.
    Your pal, Oliver

    ReplyDelete